Winchester 94

Tom B,

I've taken the liberty to repost your question to the forum: Harley Nolden's Institute for Firearms Research. I believe you'll get a faster and more accurate response from Harley, as he is set up with the historical library to answer such questions.

TOM:
As I drove my Golf Cart out of the Pond, stating, "I found it." the cross bolt safety was introduced, in all 94's, except the 1022
in 1992.
HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited September 25, 1999).]

Thanks. I recently purchased one that looked to be unfired and was just curious.Why do so many including myself want a "pre 1964" model? Whats so magic about that year?

TOM:
This is purely my opinion, guestimation and nothing more.

After 1964 the quality of firearms did somewhat of a tail spin. To comply with Gov safety standards and of course the cost of mfg'ing, in my opinion, a lessor firearm was produced. In addition, anything prior to 1964 was of the original "last" and due to the 1964 changes created a collectable.

HJN

TOMB
Tom; I have located some stuff from an old Rifleman's magazine and thought you might want to have it. It has some history and some of the assem/disassem photos.

I will need your email address to send it.

HJN

Harley. Is that an old American Rifleman?
If so could you pass on which issue, IE, year and month. I have the A/R from 1936 to date. The only missing issues are in the first 3 years. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Paul B.

Paul B
The pages from the Rifleman has been separated from the book and place in the Rifle Wichester portion of the library. I don't know what year. To guess would be in the early 60's.

hjn

TOMB
The information I have was mis-sent to you. What I have is the 1873 Winchester and not the 94. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. But if you still want it I can send it.

HJN

Back