Winchester 94 Trapper 30-30

DAVE MOON

I bought one of the newer 100 year anniversary editions 94 Trapper in 30-30. It shoots very well, but doesn't feed well. If I run the lever hard, the incoming round hangs up, but if I "baby" the lever, it'll feed, obviously not good.

Should I return it to Winchester, or have say the Gunsite Smithy do a "reliablity package" on it? Any other suggestions? Thanks, Dave Moon.

Hmm, I thought 94s fed better when the lever was run quickly. So I agree with Wallew. Send it to the factory service department.

Agree with both responses. Your '94 is built backwards. :) When I baby the lever on my '94, it hangs up a quarter of the time.

Suggestion, before you bag it up and ship it....

Sit down in front of the TV and work the lever until your arms get tired. rest, and do it again. Then disassemble and clean, and lube with a good moly grease, then wipe as much of the lube off as you can. Then see if ti still hangs up. If it does, then ship it back.

How do you disassemble a model 94.
I have one and the manual indicates that you cann't disassemble it much beyond opening the action. Do you know of any maintenance page for the 94 or any helpful diagrams?

Thanks

------------------
Master Blaster

Call Winchester at 800-945-5237 and ask them for a manual. The procedure should be listed in there and described better than my poor powers can.

Back