Winchester 94 Trapper 30-30

The model 94 has been making hunters happy for a century and more. While modern 94s may not have as fine a fit and finish, the only gripe I have is that lawyer inspired crossbolt safety, a minor thing.

Depending on its use environment, it may be the answer,for the right question...

I have a similar Model 1894 in .44 Magnum. it works fine and is accurate since I had a good receiver sight installed. The factory "Buckhorn" sight is close to worthless. If you want to go this route try the Williams sight. It gives an excellent ghost ring effect which is perfect for fast shooting.

Do a search on M94, or .30-30, or Trapper, or Model 94; this topic has come up quite a bit over the last 09 months, and I believe your question will be answered in some of those threads. Paul B. has some interesting takes on the M-94.

Old buddy has a Model 94 made in 1916, he got it from the elderly widow of the son of the first owner. During the two decades o9r more that he has had it, it's accounted for a truckload of deer, numerous predators,and one lot of fun.

It's a JM Browning design, and even the present model is this cost conscious, litigation prone era is a good weapon.

BTW, I'm in the process of buying one myself...

Back