Winchester 94 front sight question

2DaMtns

Hello all,

I have tried searching for this on my own, and even asked Brownell's online chat, but never got a response. I have a Winchester 94 Texas Commemorative edition 30-30. The front sight broke on it 20 years ago and my dad put a new sight on it, but it is too short. Even with the rear sight bottomed out, it shoots 6-8 inches high at 100 yards. I want to get the proper sight for it, but can't determine what it takes. The rifle was made in 1970, has a half round, half tapered barrel, and has no sight ramp on the front. I've read some info saying I need a .360" sight, one place said 0.5 inch. I think 0.36 seems too short for a rampless version. Any thoughts or knowledge?

In a bind you could always glue or solder a thin piece of metal to the top of your sight and see where that gets you. Of course if you order a sight to tall you can always file it down.

Blindstitch gave you a good company , I would call them & speak to a gun tech , there very helpful an I'm sure they have the right size front sight for you. I've used them quite a bit.

I got following from Turnbulls regarding refininng of 1967 Canada CEntennial Carbine.

Maybe they can help.\?
Also log into the www.winchestercollectors,org for assistance.

I can measure mine to see if thaat might get you in the ballpark??

Good luck

Thanks for all the input. A member of a local forum was selling a similar rifle and measured his front sight at around 0.5 inch, which is what I had decided to go with anyway.

Back