Winchester 92 & 94

P.A. Dutchman

Are the stock and forearm of a Winchester 92 & 94 interchangeable? I have an original 92 that I would like to restock for cowboy to keep the original wood from getting any more beat up. Thanks !

Well it has a 24" octagon barrel so I am not sure about the Rossi fitting. I'm not sure what is meant by checking the catalog # ? Thanks

i have bought other rifles just to get the wood off of them for other rifles that had butchered wood. and then putting the butchered wood on them and selling them and in most cases i got good wood for just a few dollars in the difference between the buying and selling price. eastbank.

That's a good idea to replace and still keep the old. There are two different styles of forearms to consider. Early models of 94s & 92s had forearms about 1-1/4" longer in length than the later models of 94s. But as far as I know both are indeed interchangeable and I'm pretty sure their barrel bands are also interchangable. But~~~ when you remove your rifles barrel band its best to mark it so to re-install the same way it came off. As a 180* turned barrel band can damage the forearms wood. Be it original or replacement wood. I found that out the hard way on my 25-35 with its teardown.

Back