winchester 90-22 wrf

Dnewt

Inactive
Hi all
hey i have one on these little 22`s and it will not pick up from the mag,so is there a chart somewhere or is this a common problem with this rifle and has a quick easy fix?
Thank you

You know of course, that the WRF is a obsolete specific cartridge and not interchangeable with the .22 S,L,LR. nor the Winchester WMR. If you are by chance running .22LR through the action, of course it wouldn't pick it up. Just thought I would pass that on.

Due to the action design of the 1890 and how it feeds from the magazine, I would recommend you let a real gunsmith take a look at it. It doesn't "pick up" the cartridges from the magazine, the carrier is the blind end of the magazine.

And by all means, make sure you have to proper ammunition. 22WRF is available in most sporting goods stores with a decent ammo selection, but that was not always the case. Until the last 10 years or so, it was not loaded any more by our commercial loaders, but thanks to Cowboy Action Shooting, many older "obsolete" cartridges are no longer obsolete.

I believe CCI is the only one making the WRF now. Don't know if it will be a forever catalog item of just once in a while. Even in cowboy shooting there's not much of a demand for it.

What a great site I stumbled upon, I googled winchester 90 .22 and found this!. Anyway, was trying to find out more about my 1890 .22 From what Im reading its post 1935?, the serial number is 814xxx. but its in great condition!. lol.
Also the Model # is '90 .22 WRF' Havent found any model #s like it on all the links etc. so far. They all read '1890' , not just '90' Anyways, Good to be here.

Back