Winchester 70?

Karsten

Well, guys yet another rifle surfaces out of my late fathers cubby holes. I new he had a .308 but it has been years. It is a Winchester Model 70 Featherwieght in .308 SS#247525
Could this be the old Pre 1964 action that was supposed to be so great.
I just sold a Model 70 Sporter Varmint in .308 that was the newer action and I am still kicking myself. Soon I will get a Stealth to make up from the error in my ways :rolleyes:

Wait until I ask about the Mossy bolt action 20 gauge :confused: Now that is a strange critter.

Thanks

Karsten

Yes, that is the old action, made in 1953. Price wise, the .308 is the most common caliber in the Featherweight and brings only about $750 even in brand new condition. But they are fine rifles and great for hunting.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I guess if I wanted it would be a good place to start building a Precission rifle but I think I will just keep it and clean it up for memories. Heck, I am sure the last time it was cleaned was by me, 30 years ago.
The Stealth will out shoot me forever so that will be the next investment.

Thanks Again.

Karsten

I think I would shoot that Model 70 with some good ammo before talking about getting a precision rifle. Some of those Featherweights were just that.

Jim

Back