Winchester 30-30-model 94 Pre or Post 1964?

jjacobs38

Inactive
I have a winchester model 94 I don't know if it's pre or post 1964, it seems every one has a different way to tell. HELP

The Pre-64 has one more frame screw than the post-64's. It's on the bottom of the side of the frame near the rifle butt. I'd dig out my 30-30 and look, but it's buried under a bunch of junk...hehe. I can't remember how many screws the pre and post models have sorry. I'm sure somebody else here has it on the top of their head.

Serial no?

Just post the serial with just enough of those little annoying x's to protecty your privacy. Then we can look in one of those little pocket guides and tell you exactly what year it was made.

My dad has a Model 94 and I'm trying to find out if it's a Pre or Post 64 so I can get a scope mount for it. I believe that the serial number is 3,6xx,xxx so would that make it a post-64?

I have a 94 winchester 3030 pre 1964

Can someone give me a value to see this good condition rifle? The serial number is 2167135

One obvious change to look for, without seeing the serial number, is the presence of the link pin stop screw on the bottom front of the link (the flat part ahead of the trigger guard). On the pre-64 , it holds the link pin; the post-64 uses a horizontal link screw that doesn't require the stop screw.

Jim

Values on older Winchesters depends on condition, special features, and rarity of the gun. If it is just a normal Winchester Model 1894 carbine, value is somewhere between $350 and $1500, depending on condition (probably closer to the first number).

Help!

I have recently inherited a Model 1894 Winchester .32 Winchester Special. I have gotten many opinions on the gun and it's very frustrating. I ran the serial number and it was manufactured in 1958. It is virtually in mint condition, but no box. The gun smith that I took it to said it doesn't even have any wear marks from the action being worked. All the bluing is still in tact. He further said that it still has packing grease on parts of the rifle, so it hasn't been fired very often. I know of 8 rounds that were fired through the gun and that's it. My question is, can someone please steer me to a place where I can get some type of an appraisel for the gun. I have gotten prices in a wide range and I have no idea what to do.

Thanks

Scorch, I believe what you're telling me I just have one more question for you. I have seen pre '64 rifles for sale for thousands fo dollars, what makes them so valuable?

Scorch, I believe what you're telling me I just have one more question for you. I have seen pre '64 rifles for sale for thousands fo dollars, what makes them so valuable?

First were they 94's? Second did they sell or were just priced that high?

I have seen pre '64 rifles for sale for thousands fo dollars, what makes them so valuable?
Special features, odd or uncommon chambering or barrel, superior wood, verifiable famous owner, etc. In short, anything unusual or uncommon will draw extra money. If you had the original box, along with the manual and hang tags, you could easily get $1,500 for it, but without anything special it is a 95-ish% condition Win 94 carbine in 32 Special. Not especially uncommon.

And as Hawg Haggen said, asking price isn't sale price, it's just what somebody hopes they can get somebody to give for it.

I have a Winchester Mod. 94 ser number 25555XX

I believe that this rifle is a pre-'64. Can anyone give me a value for this 30-30. Lets say it is in average condition.

Average pre 64 Model 94

What is average? I've bought and sold a few over the years and if its not drilled for a scope, rusted, beat up or "refinished", look to get around $300.00 - $400.00 So many things can change the value that its like asking, I have a average 1960 car, what is the value? (value is what someone is willing to pay you) Every big and little detail will influence the price. Take it to a gun shop and ask what they will give you for it. The best you can hope for is about double what they offer you. Just my experience.

Back