Winchester .22 mag Super X JHP

tatters

Would these be considered a semi-jacketed hp?
They have a copper plated lead tip and are jacketed the rest of the way.
And--- are these rounds any good for varmints? I realize my rifle has to like them as far as accuracy, but if it does, are these effective out of a 25mn Marlin?
I looked on the search, and couldn't find specifics.

------------------
Knock twice. Rap with your cane. Feels nice. You're out of the rain. We got your skinny girls. Here at the Western World
from Steely Dan's "Western World"

Are they the 40 or the 34 grainers? I use the 40 grain JHP's on smaller animals as the 34 grain at nearly 600 fps faster tends to obliterate squirrels and the like. I personally prefer on small game i.e. squirrels and the small swamp bunnies we have around here to use a FMJ. My 25MN loves the 50 grain Federal JHP, less than MOA at 100 yards if I keep up my end. takes down anything I would shoot a 22WMR at with ease. If your looking for downright explosive bunny flipping, squirrel spinning rat mauling power, go with either the Remington premier, or the custom loaded V-Max offered by Outland Sales. But if they pattern well in your gun (and that's what is most important) stick with the Winchesters.
As for the Winchester rounds,
40 gr. FMJ 1910fps/324ft.lbs. @ muzzle 1326/156 @ 100 yards
same for JHP version
34 gr. JHP 2120fps/338ft.lbs. @ muzzle 1435/155 @ 100 yards

------------------
I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!

The Winchesters are 40 grain. I sighted in with CCI solid Maxi-Mags and they seemed to group well. So I bought some Maxi's in HP. Mostly looking to take down the vicious and dangerous groundhogs and crows at no more than 100 yds. Sounds like the 34 grainers will be a little more deadly. I am running out of room to hunt due to urban encroachment. The small farmers are making more money selling to developers than they are with crops.

------------------
Knock twice. Rap with your cane. Feels nice. You're out of the rain. We got your skinny girls. Here at the Western World
from Steely Dan's "Western World"

Back