Winchester 1931 Model 52 .22 target rifle

So I have the same question on another Winchester I own. It's a 1931 Model 52 .22 target rifle. She is in excellent condition for her age, all original and has never been restored. What is the value?

I've attached photos for reference.

Thanks for the feedback!

Larry Glover

Attachments

• IMAG1030-20181206-204351447.jpg
    IMAG1030-20181206-204351447.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMAG1031-20181206-204350296.jpg
    IMAG1031-20181206-204350296.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 84
Priceless. This is your chance to really learn to shoot well; yes, with a rifle like that, better than you ever have. Was that also your Dad's rifle?

I'm not a expert on 52s but i think the stock has been changed out. Most of the preA stocks i have seen were a military type design with finger grooves in the front section. I think similar to 03 Springfields. I own a 52 B that i bought a couple years ago made in 1948 and it cost me $800.00 so just a guess yours might be worth somewhere in that area. Anyway they are great rifles, and very accurate. Love shooting mine.

Interesting a 52 got a new stock but kept its "ladder" rear sight. I bet it was mostly shot with a scope, looks like some wear marks on the scope blocks.

Pathfinder 45 - Yes, also my father's. He had the rifle my entire life, so I'm thinking he purchased it with the stock. It's very heavy and I know it was meant for target practice.

Yes, there are wear marks on the scope blocks so I would agree that at some point in the rifles life it probably had a scope. No scope on it during my lifetime though.

Last edited:
Yeah, it sorta is meant for target practice, but not primarily. I think it was built with the intention of winning the match at high levels of competition. It's a serious competitor's rifle. You'd be keeping that one, if you were me.

It's a serious competitor's rifle. You'd be keeping that one, if you were me.

I agree. I remember way back when when there was a Ford/Chevy debate between the Winchester 52 and the Anschutz 54 target rifles. Winchester seemed to be superior at Camp Perry while Anschutz dominated the Olympics. Sigh. Anschutz is still making target rifles and Winchester, well not so much.

Yeah, I'd hang on to that one.

Back