Winchester 1300 barrels?

Nightcrawler

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on various Winchester 1300 12 gauge barrels? 18.5" riot barrel, specifically. (No, I don't think my 22" rifle-sighted barrel is too long for any serious use, I just want a second barrel, eventually. Half the fun of a good pump shotgun is the parts interchangability and the myriad of configuations you can have.)

I was hoping you'd get some help on that barrel!

I am in the opposite situation--I have the 8 shot Defender with the 18" barrel. The action is so slick I would like to try it as a field gun. I want to try to find the Camp Defender barrel so I can use choke tubes. The Winchester website was of no help and a net search yielded no help either. I may just get my existing barrel threaded for tubes...

I had the same problem several years ago. I bought a Winchester (Sears) 120 at an auction about ten years ago that came with a 28" Full Choke barrel. I ended up finding a used 28" 1300 WinChoke barrel in beautiful shape for around $60 at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine. They have an absolutely incredible collection, and can be found online at http://www.kitterytradingpost.com.

Personally, I'm looking for a rifled slug barrel for my 120.

Good luck!

Harry B
I have a 1300 Defender with the 8 round capacity. Regular barrels won't fit. I had my barrel threaded for Rem Chokes since I had them already. It works fine for some sporting clays and plate shooting. Cost was $100 for the job which included a new front site on my gun.

Harry B, I can't for the life of me find anything other than an 18" bbl for the 8 shot defender on the CTD website. I called them, and Customer Service couldn't find one either.

Have you ordered either a 26" or 28" bbl for the 8 shot 1300 Defender? If so will you please share the item number?

Thanks,

Bud

(I can't remember what it's called but)

I saw, on Brownells, some part that lets an extended-mag 1300 take STANDARD barrels. It's a replacement endcap for the mag that extends all the way back down the mag to the point that a normal barrel needs support.

YMMV.

Thing is, longbarrel pumps are so cheap at sporting goods stores and Walmart that by the time you buy a good barrel you're probably $50 away from a brand new shotgun.

Battler.

Back