Winchester 1300 barrels...

Red Label

Hey guys...

I bought a new 1300 Defender 12 ga. a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't sure about how much I'd like it after growing-up with my prized 870 Wingmaster -- I love it! I love the 18" barrel for it's main purpose as fun/defense. But now I find myself wanting to accesorize it with 22" sighted slug barrel and 28" vented rib barrel with Winchoke. I went to the Winchester site and looked in the parts section. There wasn't much of a selection there, and what there was, was pretty high in price. I could nearly find a whole new shotgun for the prices of barrels there. Plus, I couldn't find the 22" sighted slug barrel -- which is weird because it's the barrel that they offer on their Camp Defender. And as far as I can tell, the barrel is the only difference between that and the basic Defender.

Anyone know where I can find replacement barrels for this gun for a reasonable price ($100-)? Thanks for your help.

Cabella's may have 'em. Price will likely be $170-$200.

Don't you love the Win action? I think it is as functional and more elegant than the 870.

Thanks for the info Bam Bam. Damn -- I might as well just buy another shotgun for that kind of dough...

Yeah, I do like my 1300 a lot. I still like the "designer" pump part of the stock on the 870 better though. The 1300 may be easier to grip, but it's ugly. Oh well... I certainly didn't buy it for it's looks...

I have the Defender and recently purchased an 870PM. I prefer the Winchester. Smoother action and just as accurate and reliable as the 870.

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. Will look into it...

My inital reservations about purchasing the 1300 are gone now. It may or may not be better than the 870, but it is at least equal.

Back