Winchester 120 Chokes?

baddarryl

Hi all. I have a 20ga 120 that I only have an imp cyl choke for. I see that there are Style 1 and Style 2 chokes. Does that depend on the gun itself? If not which is better or does it matter?

I was looking for some on Ebay and saw Style 1 and Style 2 chokes for sale. I realize that chokes for Mossberg and Browning should fit too, but don't want to order the wrong ones.

Winchoke tubes should interchange with Mossberg, Browning Invector, and Savage tubes.

I THINK the style means whether they fit flush in the barrel or have an exposed ring.

That's not it, Zippy. There are modified, full, and ic chokes for sale on Ebay that are described as 1st or 2nd style Winchester 20 GA Winchokes. Looking at the pics I can't tell the difference. None are flush tubes. The OP might just ask the seller over Ebays systgem how to tell which style he needs

I can't find any information that says that Winchester changed choke tube specifications at any point during manufacture of the 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, & Ranger shotguns.

The 120 is an economy-grade 1300 with a hardwood stock, which means that it was manufactured with the Winchoke system.

Carlson's says that the following tubes will also work in the Winchester models I listed above:

"Interchanges with Carlson's Winchester, Browning Invector & Mossberg 500 style threads"

Briley says the same thing as Carlson's, as does Trulock.

Frankly, for the prices they're asking for "1st style" and "2nd Style" Winchoke tubes I'd take your barrel to your local gunshop and see if they have any of the tubes I've listed above (just to make sure that they fit properly) and buy from your local shop or from Midway or Graf and Sons.

Back