Win. SXT+p+127gr OK in P7???

hickman

I have been given a case of Winchester 127 grain SXT +p+ 9mm, and notice that it is a coated hollow point round, and apparently not jacketed with copper. Is it ok to fire in a P7M13? I understand that unjacketed lead bullets are not ok in that gun due to the gas operated system the gun uses. Is this ammo ok due to the coating? Thanks as usual for the advice.

Hello. Yes, they will be fine in the P7. Even with lead bullets, the worst that happens is that the gas cylinder gets full of lead particles. HK offers a tool, merely a tight-fitting blade that you insert into the cylinder and twist to remove carbon or other debris. Your P7 would handle the hot loads fine and the coating should cause utterly no problems. Best.

drothen, it is just this kind of selfless giving attitude that makes TFL the wonderful place it is. I will send the ammo right over. Happy Holidays!

The Winchester Ranger 127+P+ was my carry load for my P7 while I was toting a badge. I've run a lot of it over the years and never had a lick of trouble.

LawDog

The Ranger SXT is jacketed with copper. It's jacket is placed on reverse. The jacketing is placed on the nose of the round, vice the back of the round like most conventional hollow points. The black coating on the tip is nothing of importance.

Semper Fi-
JJC

Back