win model 94-32win spl

Welcome to The Firing Line...........

Your .32 was made in 1960, and it's value would be based upon it's present remaining percentage (%) of original issue condition - which so far you haven't mentioned.

You should appreciate that a tomato stake would be valued somewhat less than an unfired/NIB example.

thanks for the reply and the date of the gun as for the condition the wood some scratches n dents nothing major, the finish on the gun is very good you can see where a side scope mount has been removed from the gun at some point. thanks again.

The Winchester Model 94 in .32 Special is one of my favorite old rifles! If your rifle has been drilled for a scope,(extra holes in the receiver) the value to collectors is greatly reduced. This in no way will stop it from being a great mild recoiling hunting rifle. The fact that its a pre-1964 rifle is good because the pre-64 rifles were made a little better. Dollar value varies due to so many issues about the rifle that its hard to put a price on it without seeing it in person. It won't be high if its been drilled for a scope,($200.00 -$250.00) has rust or damaged wood.(could be even lower)

thanks for the info on the 32 its not for sale was just wondering what i have.will use it deer huntn here in sw arkansas thanks again.

year winchester model 94 30-30 made?

Hello I'm new to "The Firing Line" and I am hoping to find out the year of the rifle I have. I know that it is pre-64 model, but don't know year made. Serial # is 1974403.

Any information would be appreciated.:)

Thank you!

I happily paid $500 for an excellent condition 1952 Winchester '94 chambered in .32WS about a year ago.

img_6012.jpg

I am hoping to find out the year of the rifle I have. I know that it is pre-64 model, but don't know year made. Serial # is 1974403.

Proof House dates it to 1953 but that could be off by a year or two.

I happily paid $500 for an excellent condition 1952 Winchester '94 chambered in .32WS about a year ago
Don't you mean, you stole it for $500.00?! :D

It has a few determents for a collector, like receiver sights added, and butt stock sling swivel added, but I would have bought it at that price.

Last edited:
I think that the 94's were drilled and tapped for the receiver sights at that date of manufacture. He is lucky that the original rear sight is there, seeing how the peep sight is there. Wonder how that works, with 3 sight to line up?
Nice looking rifle, great deer hunting gun. Your next mission should be to find some real 170 grain silvertips for it. Bad medicine for big bucks

It never fails to amaze me, when I see a receiver-sighted rifle w/o it's rear bbl open sight removed for a clean sight picture & a slot filler blank installed in it's place. :confused:

It's been documented that Winchester made the 2 receiver peep sight prep holes standard on the Model 94 in the SN 1,790,000 range, until the 1983 intro of the Model 94AE.

(IIRC, they were standard earlier on Model 64's)

Last edited:
Pre '64 Winchesters are some of my favorites as well. Here's my '62 M94 in .32 Special. (I did the stock "ding" all by myself)

It never fails to amaze me, when I see a receiver-sighted rifle w/o it's rear bbl open sight removed for a clean sight picture & a slot filler blank installed in it's place.

I guess you have never lost a Redfield sight aperture disk in the field? I have no desire to remove the rear sight and fill the slot since I have never seen a slot filler blank that actually correctly followed the contour of the barrel.

FWIW, I don't "lose" apertures because I remove them before I go hunting, and use the resulting "ghost ring".

As far as barrel-contour slot fillers go, some like them, other don't - but nobody sells them commercially, they're usually self-made:

29e350fd.jpg

Those that don't like them often file a fancier one out of the dovetail section of an old rear bbl sight:

DSCN0466.jpg

YMMV.

Back