Win Model 70 Coyote Light 300 WSM Value

paulj2

Inactive
I could use a little help in determing the value of the rifle. I have looked around the internet and can't seem to find useful information.

I bought the rifle intending to use it for elk/moose hunting, then my back went south on me--so no packing meat in my future.

I think I will probably sell it and buy a 6.5 Creedmoor for a little long range target shooting plus the stray coyote that needs to be shot.

It is a Winchester Model 70 Coyote Light 300 WSM. Will include a Nightforce 20 MOA scope base #A199 and Timney nickel plated trigger #40216. Will not include scope or rings. The Coyote Light has a 24 in. medium-heavy fluted stainless barrel mounted into a skeletonized aluminum bedding block that is set in a lightweight carbon fiber/fiberglass composite Bell and Carlson stock with a Pachmayr Decelerator pad. Approx 200 rounds fired, in excellent condition.

I think the base was about $115 and the trigger about $120.

I have about $1,250ish in the rifle. Do you think asking $1,000 shipped to an FFL would be reasonable?

I am attaching a couple photos.

Link to Winchester site. http://www.winchesterguns.com/produ...current-production/model-70-coyote-light.html

Thanks for you input.

Attachments

• DSCN2666.JPG
    DSCN2666.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN2667.JPG
    DSCN2667.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 39
Honestly, you can ask whatever you want. However, there hasn't been a single new M70 Coyote rifle sold on gunbroker.com in the last 30 days for $900 except one and it was a .308 SR NIB with Nikon P308 scope also NIB. To get a buyer to pay what you're wanting is going to require patience, if you need to sell to buy the 6.5CM you want then you're going to have to be willing to accept less.

Your best chance of getting $1000 anytime soon for the rifle is to auction it with a low opening bid, no reserve, and hope for a bidding war. Unfortunately you also might take it in the shorts if it's a rifle that very few are interested in. The way I see it most can get a brand new rifle for less money than you're wanting, so there is very little incentive to give you your asking price.

Thank you for your input.

Do you think if I removed the base and Timney trigger, reinstalled the original trigger and dropped the price asked to around $825 shipped---would that be more in the ballpark?

Again, I thank you for your input.

Real world price for new is under $1000. While advertised as "Coyote light" it is not. It is 1/2 lb heavier than the much more desirable EW. You might get $800 ish for the rifle and sell the aftermarket stuff separately.

Thanks for the input. So it sounds more like asking maybe $900 with the aftermarket stuff and $775 without might be a more reasonable price?

You narrow the buyers with that scope base and takes away the word light when you add steel rings/base. Could be the same with that trigger as factory triggers are adjustable. Got lot of Win fans that want factory triggers.

"...Will not include scope or rings.." That will make it difficult to sell. So will the cost of ammo.
However, there's a BNIB one on GunsAmerica(currently sold pending) with nothing at all at $1,049.99. Some dealer in SD.
Only part of it that's 'light' is the name. Thing weighs 7 lbs. 8 oz. An M70 Sporter weighs 4 ounces less.

All you can do is advertise the rifle for sale and hope it sells. It's worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

It's a nice rifle and model 70s aren't cheap, that's the downside. Looking at Gunsamerica I see several in the 1k range for sale, so you're not out of line with your price.

Someone that likes model 70s will take it eventually. Myself, I would keep it rather then sell cheap to someone looking for a bargain.

Back