Win. Mdl 12

Gbro

Hi new here,

I have an old modle 12 ssn low 1,6xx,xxx
and it is diferent than the one my friend has(his is newer) anyway his will keep fireing when he pumps the gun, and keep the trigger depressed, Mine dosn't do that. I must let the trigger go and then when i pull the trigger it will discharge. Whats going on?

Gbro

Last edited:
Something appears to be wrong with your disconnector. Most likely its worn out or broken. Not sure on Mdl 12s but usually easy enough to replace.

Ok I took your advice (thank you) and took it in to a local firearms repair shop, and they told me that the trigger mechanisum is different from any he has ever seen on a modle 12 shotgun. He is certain it is working properly, but also sure that it has been modified or converted. He said it works like a modern day slide action even though it is a older modle 12 winchester.

Gbro

Gbro:
I think Some of the very early Mod 12's did not have a disconnector. Same as the old Win 97. and other early models of shotguns. I don't know the year, but it was later determined that they ALL had to have a disconnect. My Win 97 is like that, and if you aren't careful, it will discharge if you are chambering the first round with your trigger depressed. KNOW THE WHEREABOUTS OF YOUR TRIGGER FINGER. Been there and done that.

hjn :D

Back