Win BRI Sabot, fail

Noreaster

Lost my second deer using 12 gauge 2 3/4 BRI sabot. First year with this slug in fully rifled barrel I shot a small doe and required two follow up shots. Last year I had a solid hit at less than 50yds on a big doe which required a lot of tracking and ending in losing her to coyotes overnight. This year same thing happened with a nice buck, long track and lost over night. No faith in this slug, going back to KOs in smooth bore or maybe explore a new sabot.

Man that sucks, ive had it happen and i hate wasting meat and the animal. I have had great luck using the hornady sst and the cheaper Winchester foster slugs out of my smooth bore wingmaster and rifled 1100. My BIL uses the partition gold slugs with great luck but at around 5 dollars a shot those are pretty pricey. Good luck on your ammo quest. My gunsmith swears by lightfield slugs ive never used them but have heard of their quality.

I feel your pain. I use KO's in both smooth and rifled barrels. No problems, and very decent accuracy. Never had a deer take more than 3 steps after being hit. IMHO best slug load on the market.

I re sighted in with KOs and they are doing great from my FR barrel @ 50yds. Hard hitting slugs. I feel much more confident now.

I used the Green Lightnings, KO, and Black Magic before we got the ok for rifles here. All three worked good for me outta smooth bore 870 express with improved cylinder choke.

Back