Win. 94AE Trapper

mcshot

I just picked up this sweet lil piece in 45LC and can't wait until I can try it. Although I haven't been a fan of Win. 94s I recently picked up two and am most impressed.
I'm thinking about a bulk order of CCI Blazer in 45 LC. Anyone else enjoy these fine rifles?

------------------
"Keep shootin till they quit floppin"
The Wife 2/2000

I picked up one of the AE's with the large lever loop in a fit unbridled "Dukeism"...had to take the large loop off in favor of a regular loop, because I just couldn't work the action fast enough with the large loop.

Fitted a tang sight and had the stock and forend checkered...nice, fast little rifle.

However, those 92's with the octagonal barrel sure looks nice...

Alex
"Lone Iguana"

I have a Marlin that I built with a 16" "trapper" barrel etc...
Quick note about the Blazers: I do not recommend them for the lever guns. I broke the carieer in the above Marlin using them when one of the bullets slipped forward in the aluninum case. :( Even if you don't reload you can probably find a reloader in your area that will give you a deal on reloads as cheap as the Blazers, especially if you save the brass and return it. Plus you can tell any soccer moms you encounter you are into recyling. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

I have one in 44 mag that I have had for 2 or 3 years, but never shot it until yesterday. My wife and I are just getting into this cowboy stuff. I have to tell you that it was very nice. We were hitting things with the first shot! Not bad for us! A great little gun and a lot of fun!

Got one in .45LC and another in .44Mag. Like the .45, love the .44Mag! I have the loads for the .44 pretty much figured out, but the .45 is giving me fits. Great little guns! Before you buy the Blazers, check out the 3D Cowboy loads. Pretty fair accuracy, plus brass cases for reloading. The .45LC is one caliber you have to reload for to get the most out of it plus be able to afford shooting.
Big 'ole holes!

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited May 01, 2000).]

have a trails end in .357,haven't shot it too much but like it. I too had to remove the JW loop,just too much reach for me
got a tang sight yesterday,but my tang needs another hole drilled and tapped.Looks good sitting on there with one screw though. :)

Back