Win 94 finger lever pin questions

Magilla Gorilla

Hello, and thanks in advance for any advice. I recently checked an item off my bucket list when I bought a Winchester Model 94 in 30-30, made in 1974. It appeared to have a missing finger lever pin, since the hole for that pin on the right side of the receiver looked empty. When I disassembled the rifle, though, the pin was there. I ordered a new one from Midwest Gun Works just in case, and it still did not fill that hole (see photo). It looks too short, but the one originally in the rifle matches the one from MGW, so it is probably the correct part. Turning the pin around and putting it in with the opposite end facing the outside of the receiver did not make any difference. I have not fired the gun yet, but it cycles snap caps just fine. Can anyone suggest why the pin does not fill the hole? And is there any reason why it would not be safe to fire? Thanks again.

Attachments

• Finger lever pin hole.jpg
    Finger lever pin hole.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 104
It's normal. The hole is to facilitate removal of the pin. The pin can't go into the receiver because it moves slightly when the action is worked.

Back