Wilson Tactical Carry Pistol (TCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is okay...

I like the new steel frame, steel slide, "MILLENIUM," even better. It does not cost much more than TCP and has same slide and frame as Wilson's service grades and full custom models, minus the 30LPI front and back strap checkering...

At $995.00, the TCP is less expensive than Wilson's other pistols. Any idea why this is? The TCP seems to have everything you'd want in a pistol: beavertail grip safety, night sights, "heavy duty" external extractor, lowered ejection port, 10+1 of .45acp yet "narrower than a standard 1911." Not to mention Wilson's reputation. I'm just looking for a reason not to want one of these. So far, I havn't found one.

lp:

Cost factor is due to the polymer frame which, IIRC, is being manufactuered in South Africa for Wilson. I don't know where the slide is manufactured.

Mike

I believe it is a "Wilson" slide. They make their own STEEL slides and frames now. And, like a previous post states it is Wilson's cheapest 1911 due to polymer frame. And the frame is made somewhere in S. Africa.

Also, no WILSON pistol is "cheap" as most of us can agree on. You do get what you pay for. And I cannot think of anyone who makes them better. Complete with the best customer service, and lifetime product guarantee, those "in the know," and who have experience with Wilson's Gun shop can attest to the high standards it has! I own one Wilson Combat pistol. I cannot wait for the day when I am fortunate enough to own another!!! Until then I have something to look forward too. And, isn't that what life's all about?

------------------
SURE SHOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back