Wilson CQB Owners

EWB

Seems I've been bitten.....

I'm having trouble finding some quality pics of this gun. So how bout it CQB owners...care to show me some pics? Can't seem to find any local shops that carry them.

Saw a Wilson in a local (Orlando) gun store yesterday - don't see them around here too often. It was finished in black and green Armor-Tuff. Man, that's an ugly looking combination. YMMV though.

There are some good pics of this gun in Wilson's new catalog - 2001. I should be getting mine sometime this week, but I don't have a scanner or digital camera.

I'll post a pic of mine once it is re-finished. I would hate to misrepresent Wilson with the sad state of my CQB. The Armor Tuff is NOT very tough. Mine looks atrocious with it pealing off in spots from lots of holster duty.

Ditto on the ArmorTuff

I agree with you, ArmySon. I really DON'T LIKE that finish. I am contemplating having my Wilson hard chromed. My new Baer Stinger in plain jane blue is simply gorgeous compared to my Wilson. When I wear the blueing off, I'll have it hard chromed as well! :D

Westtexas

Still hard pressed to find any pics anywhere. I did contact Wilson for a catalog though. So no one really cares for the Armor Tuff finish huh? Kinda liked the look of the OD Green and Black. Well, when ya get that pistol back from Wilson be sure to post a pic would ya Sao. Are you just adding another layer of Armor Tuff?

I didn't send it off yet because I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm torn between hard chroming it or bluing.

Regarding Armor Tuff and such:
Someone wise dude made good observations in another thread:

What do you really worry about more: rust or wear?
If it is wear (like holster wear), then BLUING is best because you can fix is much more easily and cheaper, and it lasts longer and looks better.

Anyway, I thought I would throw that in. It seems to make sense.
Maybe a blued gun, along with a Sentry Tuff Cloth wiped on the outside, might be a better way to go.

My Glocks' finishes last very well. If we are looking for real tough finishes that WORK, then a Teniffer type would be great, and I have had great luck with hard chrome.
But, sometimes I wonder if regular stainless steel or blue, with some basic maintenaince, is not the best, cheapest, most durable, as well as most attractive way to go.

Back