Wilson Combat Tactical Carry Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLT

I'm contemplating a high quality .45 for defense/non-competition target shooting, etc. Any opinions out there on the Wilson Combat Tactical Carry Pistol (regarding quality, durability, accuracy, etc.)? It retails for about a grand. Any internet or other places to get these pistols at a discount? Thanks in advance for your replies.

MLT

MLT:

I don't know of anywhere you can get any of Wilson's pistols at a discount.

In the early 1980s I sent a Colt MK IV, Series 70 .45 ACP to Bill Wilson for a basic carry package. He had only been smithing for a short period and was doing all the work himself. This was also the period when he began his rise to the top ranks of IPSC compeition.

The pistol was absolutely superb...I took it to Gunsite in 1983 where one of my instructors (Dennis Tuweller [sp?]) pronounced the trigger job as one of the best he'd ever tried. It was a sweet, sweet piece of work.

Bottom line, I don't think you'll be disappointed by the Tactical Carry pistol.

Good luck,
Mike

MLT,
I played with the Wilson Tactical Carry Pistol earlier this year. Bill Wilson brought it to the Rangemaster Indoor IDPA match in Memphis for people to see. The trigger felt real good, smooth, no creep, Wilson said about 4 pound. It had Wilson's snag free sights, I don't remember if they're Tritium or not. The magazine hold 10 rounds, but the grip frame is probably the most comfortable for a double stack. It's a tad lighter than an all steel 1911. The slide was finished in Armor Tuff. For a grand , I think it's a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back