Wilson Barrels?

BerdanSS

First off, I know these aren't "Wilson Combat".

Anyone know anything about the Wilson 9mm barrels? I was going to use one of the generic "finished to your length" ADCO 9mm barrels....but then I saw 7 and 7.5' 1:10 twist barrels at JSE for a little over $100. I remember hearing someplace that Rock River uses Wilson barrels in their rifles.

This would be going in our (soon to be) suppressed dedicated 9mm SBR.

Wilson is a contract manufacturer of barrels for the gun industry.
I have read that they are comparable to standard grade Douglas.
Ruger used a lot of Wilson barrels before they got their hammer forge going.

So that shouldn't be to bad considering the $80 in savings over the one from adco. The wilson from JSE has the same rifling and 1/2x36 muzzle thread and I had a 5.56 RRA M4 entry at one point. It was laser accurate. I think I may get one.

And I haven't heard any horror stories about JSE Surplus so.....

I have a Wilson 9mm barrel that has worked really well! ...mind you I've only put 200 rds thru it, but the fit and finish we're excellent!

i think Wilson barrels are pretty high quality from what I have heard. I think you would be happy with one, but you should also look at a White Oak Armament, they are known to be pretty high quality as well.

John

Last edited:
Well I ordered the Wilson from JSE a week or so ago. It's now installed in the 9mm AR. Seems pretty well made. The finish on it was excellent, no tool marks what so ever. Chamber was polished to the point of looking like wet glass. Cant wait to try it out, It was 115.28 with shipping.

Back