Williams Sight

h2otoo

I came across a Williams peep sight on a rifle I am cleaning for a friend (I get to shoot it, too :) ) I believe it is the FP (fool proof) series, but this fool is a bit confused with all these screws. Are the small screws, two on the rear, one on top, just set screws? Any info will be appreciated.

~Bob

If you're looking at the sight from the rear, the LH side is the elevation, for RH gun models. On the left outside, there is a lock screw, which looks as if it has a washer around it. You loosen that, then adjust the knob or screw on top to set the elevation. There is a vernier gauge on the side, to note where you set it.

The windage is adjusted from a knob or screw on the RH side. I don't think the windage has a lock screw like the elevation does.

Below is one on eBay, which has adjusting knobs in place of screws. Those are what you adjust. You will see the vertical elevation clamp screw on the side of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Williams-FP-Target-HIGH-Receiver-peep-sight-without-base-mount-w-5-/191755055408?hash=item2ca57df130:g:ZAgAAOSwNSxVCz-1

Thanks for the responses, maybe it is not the fp sight after all, it is different than the one there on ebay. And, I did check William's web site before posting and was surprised that manuals/instructions were not there. If I figure out which model it is I will request one from them. I did take a picture of the sight in question, and will get it into the 'puter and posted. Thanks again...

~Bob

OK, this is the pic, not the greatest, I know. But it does show the small screws I am talking about. I did bet the sight to adjust, but did not have to use those small ones at all. If they are set screws they were not tight when I got the rifle, but I want to use them. Then again, if they aren't set screws I do not want to touch them and mess up what I gained and have to start over. This is a 250-3000 Savage and ammo is 1) Scarce & 2) Expense when you can find it.

Attachments

• Sight Pic2.jpg
    Sight Pic2.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 34
Those two little screws on the rear are set screws, lock the larger adjustment screws on Top and at Right.
Loosen them a schoch before trying to turn the big Adjusters; and then snug (not gorilla) up again when finished.

Thanks. There is one small one on top also. That must be a set screw for windage, I'm guessing.

~Bob

Back