Will work to learn

Matt

If there are any gunsmiths in the northwest Indiana area who can use good help,please consider me.I will work part time in exchange for learning the craft.I am a 37 year old certifided master auto tech.,with a near photographic memory.I will be an excellent asset,and hope to establish a long term position.Will travel.please e-mail me for resume or additional info.
thank you
Matt
lynette@netnitco.net

Matt,
Or consider one of the gunsmithing schools available. I graduated from Colorado School of Trades in Lakewood, Colorado (a suburb of Denver). There is also another school here in Trinidad, Colorado. If you look in Brownells catalog, they list most all of the gunsmithing schools available. Jim :)

Matt, I wish you lived close to me in KY. I like the part about "will work". I've been through 2 apprentices over the past year and neither lasted more than 3 months. George

Gunsmithing kind of intrigues me too. Just out of curiosity, what salary range can the "average gunsmith" expect to earn? I'm sure like most things it varies greatly, but some idea. Thanks!

Nathan

I have been looking for the same thing in the Baltimore, MD area and it doesn't seem to exist. I guess the thing to do is just get in the car, hunt them down and ask them.

It's difficult or nearly impossible for someone with a family to go out of town to a school. I don't believe that all the correspondence courses in the world can approach hands on in a shop environment.

I have managed to take machinist courses at a local college at night.

Back