Will The Sig Sauer M17 Commemorative Ever Be Highly Sought After?

Joe_Pike

I friend of mine picked up one of these a few days ago was kind of regretting it since they're right at a grand brand new. With only 5,000 being made, does anyone think these will ever be highly sought after?

I seriously doubt it though there may be some looking for it down the road but I can't imagine them paying a whole lot for it. The biggest money in most anything commemorative market are for the manufacturers that make them.

I'm going to have to agree with sig on this one. I remember the MK25 came out and was supposed to be a collector's firearm.

And it all really depends on the individual. There will probably be a small segment of the community that sees this as a collectible. But for the vast majority, not so much. So if you purchase this looking to cash in later, the market will be a small one.

I friend of mine picked up one of these a few days ago was kind of regretting it since they're right at a grand brand new. With only 5,000 being made, does anyone think these will ever be highly sought after?
Join the Army and get one for free...:D

The Sig MasterShop P226 series is highly sought after. That's about the only Sig I can think of that meets that criteria.

In a word: no, now if only 50 or 500 M17s were going to be made then there would be a serious merit for a "collector's item" argument, but not for a production run of 5K M17 pistols, heck i remember when the M11's came out and folks were talking about "collector's item" about them and how many thousands were made?, yeah that's the point thousands a "collector's item" does not make.

Back