Will savage 110 weaver mounts fit on a .308 stevens SA?

randomvalleyguy

Just bought a stevens 200 .308 SA. I heard it will accept savage 10/110 accessories. I know that the difference between the 110 and 10 is the long and short action. I'm having trouble finding weaver mounts for the savage 10 SA for my stevens, wanted to know if savage 110 LA mounts would fit on my stevens 200 SA. I hear the only difference between the 110 and 10 is the reciever length, so I don't see a problem, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the info

I was indeed planning on getting a two piece base for my rifle. Just want decent bases and rings. I want the scope to be locked on solid. I figured weaver rings on weaver bases should work just fine. Heard it's a decent brand.

Warne? Why would he want to pay more for the scope bases and rings than he did for the whole rifle?

Even cheap B-Square bases and rings will provide good results, just as good as Leupold low end offerings. There doesn't seem to be a point being a "brand snob" with a Stevens 200....

Jimro

They'll work just fine. The Stevens 200 is identical to the Savage 110 in terms of everything except cosmetics and trigger.

There's nothing wrong with Weaver bases or rings either. They get the job done as well as anything does.

Medium rings on a 40mm are usually OK. BUT, the key is going to be how tall your bases are. If the bases are really thin then you might need to go to high rings. With it being that iffy, I would only order rings from a place that would allow me to exchange them.

They actually don't fit

The 110 mounts I got came with one round and one flat. The flat one is much thicker too. I looked into it and the mounts for the 110/10 come in two flavors, flat, or one flat and one round... Seems like I'll never get this stupid rifle working... Should have gone with my gut and bought a rifle with iron sights.

Neither fit my stevens... That's what I get for buying a cheap gun. I bought a cheap pistol, Ruger P95, and I'm in love with it. Thought it'd be the same with the stevens. I was wrong. Had the thing for nearly a month and can't find scope bases, which means I can't fire it because the cheap POS doesn't have iron sights. I hope it at least makes decent groups (inch, inch and a half) I'm not getting my hopes up by thinking it will be a MOA or sub MOA rifle. I just bought it to shoot the occasional deer, coyotes, pigs, small game, targets, maybe try to snipe ground squirrels... I heard the .308 is a versatile round, only fired a .308 a few times though, through a GI M14. It's gonna be quite different with this stevens though. Compared to a M14 this thing feels like a BB gun and it should have a lot more of a kick.

There isn't anything wrong with a Stevens 200.. You just need to order the right bases.. Which isn't hard... Its just a Pre-Accutrigger Savage 110.. Round Rear is the key... Please don't buy any Weaver Chinese made garbage... Old USA made Weaver stuff is great.... I don't put Chinese parts or optics on my rifles...

Midway USA is your friend... Optics----Bases----Stevens 200--- DONE!!!

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...Id=20443&categoryString=657***8705***11811***

If it were my rifle...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=521143

Assuming a 40mm Scope.. These rings will work..

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=424556

DO NOT PUT CHEAP RINGS AND BASES!!! IT NEVER PAYS OFF!!!

Last edited:
I thought the Stevens 200 is non-accutriger, but with the newer receiver style. But then, I've been known to be wrong a time or two.

There are two different mount sets for a savage 110.... Pre-Accutrigger or Accutrigger...

Actually it is flat receiver or round receiver. There are several non-accutrigger guns that have the round receiver. The Stevens 200 is one and some of the FXP3 packaged rifles sold in retail stores like Wal-Mart and Dick's that came with scopes were the new round receiver but without Accutrigger. Send the bases back and get the right ones, at least the Weaver's don't break your wallet if you can't send them back.

Stevens 200 mounts and bases

New guy here, I own a .308 200 and a 2 piece Warne STEEL bases. Worth it over the aluminum and they were only 26.00 from opticsplanet.com I also got some burris Xtreme scope rings for around 45.00 (yes 6 bolts per ring is not necessarily needed). Rock solid set up and won't break the bank. I highly recommend the set up and optics planet was delivered to my door 2 days after purchase (I live in Green Bay Wisc.) I went cheap on the gun and better on optics and ammo for this project, getting .75-5 MOA and I am NOT the best shot. The stevens 200 is as others have posted a model 10/110 action round without the accutrigger. Just buy W/e 10/110 bases you want they will fit accutrigger or not the round rear is whats important. It is better to be a gear snob on the platform and optics than the rifle IMO because then you are guaranteed and have no excuses except for the shooter. I would rather know my gear is solid than save money. (Comming from the new guy and talking about a stevens 200 :D)
BR-MT-XTR1In-420181 Burris Xtreme Tactical Picatinny Style Rail 1" Weapon Rings $55.99
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1
UY-MT-WACG2000-M902902M Warne Matte Base Set For Savage Bolt AccuTrigger M902902M $25.18

From my order-Shipped FREE as well!!

Back