WILL IT FIT

KEYBEAR

I like a short barrel and have had a lot of super blackhawks cut to 4.5 .
I know Ruger offers a 4.5 barrel on the super Blackhawk but only with the small grip frame . It would be a bunch cheaper to buy a new Ruger in 44 Mag but I can not hold the small grip .

The question Has anyone ever put the large grip frame on the Ruger Super Black 4.5 inch barreled guns they only come with the small Grip Frame .
I was told at one time the would not interchange but not sure .

This would be cheaper but if you cut a 7.5 inch barrel the front sight needs to be higher and that always is a problem .

ANYONE DONE THIS

You shouldn't need to change the grip frame in order to put bigger grips on. However, there's a 1/2" wide frame and a 7/16" frame. Hogue makes pretty wood grips for both. Over $100 a pop though.
So does Altamont for about half that.

Ordering a New Grip Frame today really hope this works out . The last thing I would do is the oversize grips .

There is a good deal of fitting required. While the frame makes up to the grip frame pretty well, there is a lot of hand filing necessary to get the transitions flat. Also, if you happen to be doing a Bisley grip, you must change the hammer, trigger, screws, etc.

Good luck!

Bill Jacobs

Clemson
Thanks I have the time and stuff to fit the frame .
Going to use a Stainless Frame as I bought a Stainless Ruger 4.5/8 .
When I get it done i will have it coated action job and forcing cone
Also fit the cylinder chambers for lead bullets .

Back