Will Howa 1500 long action stock fit a FN Mauser long action receiver

merbeau

I recently purchased a rifle (mainly for the receiver) has a FN Mauser large ring receiver with the safety on the left side and made in Belgium on the receiver. I believe it came from an original JC Higgins model 50 rifle from pictures that I have seen of the stock and receiver. It has been customized to 22-250 so there are no markings on the barrel other than 22-250 Ackley and is a heavy varmint contour.

The stock is cracked and when I took it off a poor attempt at bedding was undertaken. I mainly want to shoot the rifle in local 300 yard matches.

There are not many competition stock options but according to a couple of articles that I have read, the Howa 1500 long action stock should fit a FN Mauser long action. Stockey's stocks carries several competition stocks made for the Howa.

So my question is will the Howa long action stock fit the Mauser receiver that I have.

Thanks

Robert

No. The action screws are different distances apart, the receiver is a different shape, and the magazine box location on the action is different.

Stock fit

Many thanks for replying. I certainly do not want to invest money for something that will not fit.

Robert

Back