Will G30 shoot cheap Ruskie ammo?

mini14jac

I love my G23, but am seriously considering "upgrading" to a G30.
I have read here that it is more accurate and has less recoil than the G23.

Does anyone know if the G30 will shoot the cheap Russian Wolf ammo? It is fmj.

Wolf .45 ammo is around $120/1000rds from J&G sales, or Sportsman's Guide.

Any other source of cheap practice ammo?

Thanks much,
JP

Wolf ammo

This stuff is absolute junk. I would not recommend using it. There is inexpensive ammo out there that is better in quality than Wolf........

I've always heard- Russian guns, Russian Ammo.

Wolf ammo is steel cased and can be pretty dirty. It is non reloadable and harder on extractors than brass. A lot of guys over at GT have had problems with it. On the flip side, Wolf 7.62x39 ammo works great in SKS and AK rifles.

The cheapest ammo I could find for FMJ were the PMP (South African) from Dillion Precision and PMC from the same place you saw the Wolf Ammo at $10-$11 a box.

You can get lead loads cheaper, but I would not suggest shooting them in a Glock unless you have an aftermarket barrel installed.

Good Shooting
RED

Russian Ammo

I have been shooting Wolf ammo both in 9x18mm, and 9mmPara for quite some time with no ill effects, other than it is a little dirty. IMSHO, it is good inexpensive plinking ammo. It is the BEST target ammo for the Makarov.

Caution. The Wolf and other third world ammo makers have blown up and kaboomed several guns including a couple of G21s. At least that's the word from GT.

Avoid it.

Thanks for the input guys.

I have shot Wolf in my AR, but when my current stock is gone, I don't plan on getting any more.

I guess I'll just keep cruising for good .45 deals.

Thanks again,
JP

Back