Will Beretta 92FS work normally under water?

A few years back, in some comments about poolside fun during the Soldier of Fortune magazine's annual HooWah at Las Vegas, it was mentioned that a 1911 functioned quite well--but they didn't say how deep was the pool.

:), Art

Laugh my a** off, Navy Joe!

Even if the gun survives do you really think it will not effect your ears? I know the Glock 9mm will survive underwater firing, but the penguin who fired it was complaining about ringing ears and blood in his urine...

But I'm always the last Penguin off the iceberg.

Maybe you should lock your 92 in a vise and attach a string to the trigger. Stick the whole contraption under water, pointed in a safe direction. Stand back out of the water (opposite from the direction your gun is pointed, and far away) and pull the string.

Let us know what happens.

Why would you want to do this? Was this a half time Super Bowl question? The barrel full of water would present, shall we say, a problem...

No, I'm afraid the Beretta just won't do it.

If you need a gun you can take scuba diving you'll have to get a Glock...:rolleyes:

SM

you know, with my rudimentary knowledge of physics, i suspect you would have an overpressure issue. let us know how it works out.

Back