Wildlife cameras. What to look for?

Pond James Pond

We have a plot of land. People do hunt in the surrounding forest. I may do myself in the future. So there are wild animals around.

There are also people. Not all people are respectable or sensible.

I'd like to get a wild-life camera and mount it somewhere so that it can survey the area around our little cottage there.
If it spots deer wandering through, I'd like to see it. If it spots local oiks from the village I want to know it.

The plot has no power.

So I'd like a discreet wild-life camera with multimedia capability that can run off batteries and I can get photo text messages from. At least if some low-life steals it, I can get a good shot of his ugly mug through my phone...!

Is this possible in a wildlife camera?

They make game cameras that are linked to your cellphone; it will text you photos as they are taken. They are VERY expensive ($400) when you consider the chance it may be stolen.

Im a big fan of the Primos truth cams; Ive seen them as low as $35 for a refurbished. I consider them expendable.

My son has become an EXPERT in trail cams........ they keep on getting stolen. Amazon has some in the $50.00 range that have good reviews.

Back