wilderness instructor belt?

KelBench400

I think I'm going to get one of the above mentioned belts for casual wear to carry with my sidearmor OWB. I'm either going to get a 5-stitch 1.5" belt or a 1.5" belt with the polymer liner. I'm wondering just how much stiffer the polymer liner makes the belt and is it necessary. I'm going to be toting a G19, so it doesn't way a ton. I might just get the stiffer belt anyway, but I don't want it to be too stiff to be comfortable. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Kel

Kel,

Do not get the belt with the polymer liner. It hurts to wear all day. I wear the 5 stitch all day everyday and it is very comfortable and holds a USP45F with no problems at all. You'll be miserable with the polymer lined version.

HTH,

You'll like the 5-stitch...It's more than adequate to carry and is comfortable without being too stiff. I'm on the thin side and a wider, stiffer belt digs my ribs when I sit. The 5-stitch works for me....You may be able to get it in tan or OD as well...
bandit.gif

I have instructor belts in both widths and have found that the 1.5" 5-stitch belt is stiffer than the 1.75" 5-stitch belt, you won't need the polymer insert.

I have the 1.5" 5-stitch as well.I wear it everyday with or without a holster.It has no problem carrying a full-size 1911 in an OWB or IWB holster.The belt w/o a liner will also carry your gun much better if you ever want to carry it IWB.

Ditto the other posts

You really don't need anything stiffer than the 5-stitch. I am currently wearing one, and it is extremely stiff. The polymer insert would probably be uncomfortable. With the G17, you could probably get away with a less stiff belt, but the 5-stitch will be comfortable, and useful on those occasions when you are hanging all kinds of stuff from it.

I recently got the 1.5" 3-stitch to try with my sidearmor IWB. I carry 24x7 (unless asleep), and weapon varies from G17, G19,G26. Totally comfortable and secure feeling.

In 1.5" I think that the 5-stitch might be a bit on the stiff side for continuous wear.

Ronaldo

Back