Wilderness Instructor Belt

MSPHUNTER

What stiffness would you recomend for carrying a holster and possibly a mag pouch. 5 stich or the one with a piece of stiff plastic in it.

MSPHUNTER,

I purchased my Wilderness CSM Instructor belt this past weekend. It's a very stiff belt and makes carrying a full sized 1911 and spare mag very comfortable and stable. I didn't have the opportunity to check the differences between the different models as the CSM was the only model available from my dealer.
But thus far I'll give it a hearty thumbs up!
Mark / FL

How does the 5 stitch Wilderness belt compare to a leather gunbelt?

This would be for IWB carry in an Alessi GWH.

I use the 5 stitch for SWAT and wear a drop holster and mag pouch on it. Even this does not roll it over like most belts. Highly reccomended.

SBLars ,

I think if you put enough gear on a 5 stitch to roll it you would need suspenders to hold it up . I sometimes think it is too stiff . Make sure to order 2-3" over your waist size . Good luck , Mike...

Another vote for the 5-stitch. I have worn one of these a lot...it is a very stiff belt. You'll be quite happy.

Another vote for the 5 stitch.I have been wearing one to carry my 1911's IWB for almost a year now.

I have the 1.5" (or is it 1.75"), 5-stitch and like it so much that I wear it as my "normal" daily wear belt. Then, when I have occasion to use my IWB setup, its already there and of course works excellent for that too!

I also have the wider CSM model. Don't remember if its 1.75" or 2.00" in width. Its VERY stiff - and works great awesome.

5-stitch. Works great for gear, but the belt is too wide to work on most of my pants. It does, however, work quite nicely with the most comfortable pants I own (British DPM pattern- I have maybe 5 pairs).

The Wilderness Instructor belts come in 1.75" and 1.5" widths in 3-stitch, 5-stitch and polymer lined styles. The 1.5" wide 5-stitch belt is the strongest of the lot.

Back