Wild hog pan sausage!

txdragon

Took the trimmings from the sides I am curing for bacon, then added the other back loin to make some pan sausage. Seasoned very simply with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, and some sage. Left the mix in the fridge to season up overnight then ground about 30 minutes ago.

The kiddos told me I had to cook some up IMMEDIATELY! Being a good dad, I honored that request :)

Good googily moggily that looks deeeeee lish. Check out the recipe thread. I have a breakfast sausage recipe I believe on page three.

All I am missing are some farm fresh eggs to go with it. If only I could coax a couple dozen from my brother.. Hmmm..

I see you have a grinder. Now you have need of a stuffer. Lunch does follow breakfast and deserves a whole new batch of pork served. Hello, pulled pork sandwiches smothered with lightly browned in butter onions & hot peppers piled high between two slices of hard French bread cut length wise. Then there's supper and its need for something special for the barbeque? I'm sure some other TFLF member has an idea for that meal time. BTW I think you'll have need for another pig real soon Sir._:D

S/S

Damn! You're going from the deep freeze straight to the oven.

Yup and I will be leaving right at the beginning of winter. It has been a sunny warm winter up here so hopefully it cools a bit in Texas by December so the shock won't be too harsh haha.

I'm an old hand at making B&G (biscuits and gravy), my oldest grandson loves it and says he has never ate any as good as mine.

I use a deep cast iron skillet to make my gravy, put in a lot of sausage and a little onion, some salt and pepper and a dash of sugar.
I cook my gravy thick, the kind that sticks to your ribs, spooned over the top of some golden brown buttermilk biscuits.

Add some golden brown fried spuds (another specialty of mine) and you have breakfast fit for a King.

Reckon where a feller could find some good sausage?:D

txdragon,
We don't have any hogs in my part of Missouri to shoot, but I hear they have some down in South Missouri, I'm going to have to go shoot one.
The sausage you made looks great.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Last edited:
You just rubbing it in again txdragon. I feel the same as that other poster who said he ain't gonna look at your posts no more. Lol

Back