Wichester 1892 .32 WCF

HevyDuty

Inactive
I have a Winchester Model 1892 in .32 WCF. It is in 95-98% condition. The bluing is excellent and the wood is in excellent shape also. The serial # is 46760. What year was it made and approximately what is its worth? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

serial numbers resolves to 1894, collector value probably 2k+, but needs professional condition evaluation if you're in the 95+ range.

Actually, the condition would throw up lots of flags in a collector. 95% is basically nothing but safe rash on a gun that old, and while possible that the gun sat in a closet (a nice dry closet) with regular oil for 110+ years, a reblue would be much more likely. We have plenty of regulars here that can judge conditions, reworks or irregularities much better than me, so post some pictures.

Model 1892 pics

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• win92x1.jpg
    win92x1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 133
  • win92x2.jpg
    win92x2.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 127
  • wwin92x4.jpg
    wwin92x4.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 119
Probably not 95%

Well, I was over zealous about the finish of the rifle. I would re-adjust the numbers to maybe 80 - 85%

You have what appears to be an 1892 Winchwster Rifle (as opposed to the Carbine).

FWIW, a little over a year ago, I sold a 1907 button-magazine .32-30 Rifle in 98% original condition for a bit over $2500 via walking it around a gun show.

If what you have is the original finish, and not a reblue, I would think it would bring as much

Hello all,

I know this is an old thread but I feel I should reply anyways.

The sporting rifle is most definitely been reblued. The rifle was serialized during July of 1895. During this time the lever, hammer, and butt plate of the Model 1892 were case hardened and would show case colors. The lever now is blued so it is wrong. The rear sight is also not original to the rifle. As a result of the alteration the rifle would have no collector value and is primarily a shooter grade gun. The value should be much more in the $700 range.

I am conducting a research survey of the Model 1892 rifles and would very much appreciate a photo of the barrel address and the upper tang stamp please. My email is 2bitrifles@gmail.com

Thanks
Michael

Back