• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Why sacrifice the fun spot to keep archives?

Lavan

If someone TRULY wants to read everything that has ever been posted, they can cut and paste and use up their own storage space.
General Discussion is the fun place. AND I have a killer story to post but can't put it on until it's back.
Bring it back. I need a hob-nob fix.
Dump the archives past a year...or 6 months...or just save Smithy as that is the only category that is really reference.

Nope.
Besides, the Archives aren't a problem. A file in General is. I have it narrowed down to 35 possibles as we speak. We can turn the Archives on at any time, except I'm working in 'em.
Rich

Rich says, "...the Archives aren't a problem. A file in General is. I have it narrowed down to 35 possibles as we speak."
-------
35 possibles??
Ohhhhhhh! (hands sweaty. Respirations and Blood Pressure increase. Adrenaline flows!)

Dennis offers up "A TFL Prayer".

Dear Lord,
Please don't let the problem be one of my posts. Let it be the fault of someone from Lower Slobbovia who only appeared on TFL one time and made a simple, understandable, innocent mistake - but please, Lord, don't let it be one of my posts! (Insert specific supplications and promises of future improved conduct here!) Amen.

Dennis, this is too wierd...

I actually had a dream last night that Rich found the corrupted thread and the post that caused the problem was something that I had posted. :eek:

I think I may be spendin' a little too much time on TFL. ;)

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

TBM,
:D :D Yeah. I gotta get a life, man! :D :D

I'm even behind in my billing because I'd rather be here than billing my clients.
(Dumb oh, Dumbo! :D )

Back