Why not a forearm stock on a pistol?

Since this is the NFA forum, it must be common knowledge that a vertical foregrip on a handgun turns it into an AOW.

A gun buff book recently illustrated a SIG556 pistol with a vertical foregrip as a feature pic, unaware that they had made and shown an NFA weapon.

But we know better, right?

Regards,

Walt

I think he's talking about a stock that rest on the top of the forearm of your arm, like that slingshot has.

That's in interesting idea....I think it would be an AOW though since it fails categorization. There's also a possiblity that it could be painful to fire if there's not enough surface area to the forearm stock.

Dunno if its worth $200 and the cost of engraving to do that...if they are recoil sensitive, I suggest a smaller caliber until they can adapt...

Guys, a brace that rests against your fore-arm (NOT a grip from the gun's fore-arm) isn't NFA. I've seen and used very similar to the style on that slingshot. Didn't hurt on a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 using HOT handloads, nor did it hurt on a T/C Encore in .454 Casull.

It's still a pistol - can be fired with one hand, grip perpendicular to the bore, NO shoulder stock, NO forward grip... it's just a weird looking pistol, that's all. :)

I installed a device on my Gold Cup NM many years ago called a Stabik Device. It was made in Sweden I think and replaced the mainspring housing. A stabilizer folded down and extended under your forearm. It was adjustable to fit. It didn't tame recoil but did stabilize the pistol very well. I no longer own that pistol but the Stabik was fascinating.

Back