• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Why have a general handgun forum at all?

Gremlin

There are now so many different forums on this site that you have to open up a half dozen different forums just to look for interesting information.

This site was a 1000 times better when all I had to worry about was looking down a single list and seeing if there was anything interesting.

I understand separating shotguns, rifles, and handguns but at this rate, there'll soon be a separate forum for every stinking caliber of handgun.

Is it a space/server issue? I don't pay anything to belong to this forum so I was wondering if the reason for all of the separation had to do with costs?

Gremlin,

When Son first proposed dividing “Handguns” into autoloaders and revolvers, I felt it was a mistake, since there would certainly be “gray area questions” (e. g., “Best first sidearm?” or “Best defensive handgun caliber?” and so forth) that wouldn’t easily fit into either category. However, I personally like (just one opinion) the way Rich has segregated handguns into revolvers, semiautomatics, and all handguns (for the “gray area” issues).

I hope this provides one thought concerning why a general handgun category is still required.

Gremlin - I won't go into the reasoning behind the splitting of handgun forums, it's been covered in numerous prior threads mostly in the suggestions forum (which is where this thread will be transferred after this post).

But I do want to question some of your reasoning:

"... you have to open up a half dozen different forums just to look for interesting information."
A total of two forums was added. I'm not sure how many forums you "had to open" in the past.

I don't see how adding those two forums decreased the value of this site 1000 fold. If I were you, I would look elsewhere for the interesting information you seek. Anything that is degraded by 100,000 percent is certainly not worth visiting.

"... there'll soon be a separate forum for every stinking caliber of handgun." I don't believe there is any evidence of that happening in this or the next century. I'll be right behind you towards the exit if that happens, and I'm not planning on leaving.

Neither space, server problems nor cost is an issue. The effort was taken to try to improve this site, again the reasons have been well documented and I won't go into them again.

[Moving this to the Feedback forum...]

Back