Why hate Winchesters?

hube1236

Another experience at the gun store.

"Man, do NOT buy a Winchester for a first time shotgun!", the open mouthed gum chewing (really big fu%@$@$# pet peeve) college kid said. I personally shoot this (another attempt at selling me a Benelli Super $1200).

"What is wrong with the Benelli?"

"They just suck!"

Why do all :rolleyes: Winchesters suck? Are some models more prone to jam?

Winchesters do not suck. Each time I break down my Win 1300 Turkey gun I am astonished at the beauty of the design of the action. And it seems to be just as dependable as my Rem 870. Right now I am thinking of trading in the black synthetic turkey gun for a wood stock Win 1200 Waterfowler.

Yah know, few well educated (life experiance or book learning) folks are employed at gun stores.

Drop by TFL and get "the real deal". Eric and Dave McC have forgotten more that I'll ever know..

Giz

I don't hate Winchesters, I just like and am used to 870s. If somehow all 870s here disappeared into thin air and all I had was a Winchester, I'd regard myself as armed.

My experience with the older 1200s show they do not handle as much abuse as 870s, but outside an institutional setting that's not important.

If a 1400, 1300, Defender etc. floats your personal canoe, so be it.

I sure don't hate Winchesters. My favorite slide-action shotgun happens to be the Remington 870, but I also own a couple of Winchester 1300 Defenders and they work fine. In fact, I picked a Defender to keep loaded in the front hall closet, because my wife finds it easier and smoother to shuck than an 870.

I think the 1300 is one of the smoothest pump actions on the market. If I were to lose my trusty old Mossberg 500 tomorrow, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a 1300 Black Shadow model to replace it.

Back