Why don't they make?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
A 7/8 scale GM in 40 caliber? Think of it...

A proven design in a good caliber, just not requiring all the metal and bulk of the 1911.

Should make a great CCW piece. I'd deviate from the scaling down in the barrel, keeping it around 5 inches just for the sight radius, as well as the fact that the shorter variations are mo' sensitive and harder to shoot well.

Waddaya think?

Gee: Colt/Browning did that around 1913 for the 9.8m/m ACP. There is a section on the pistol in Bady's book on Colt automatics. I have one of the cartridges in my collection. Not much different in size from the .40S&W.

However, it would be a good idea.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I've asked the same question myself.

I think that STI makes a down-scaled 1911 carry pistol in .40 and 9mm called something like the "LV". I haven't seen one in a gun store, though.

Could this be it ?
STI-LS40 Concealed Carry .40 $495.00 Great concealed carry gun made by Renowned STI International. This gun has less than 50 rounds through it and is in like new condition.
Phone: (919) 779-6880
Seller: Person Defense & Hndgn Sfty Ct
Address: 301 Tryon Road
Raleigh, NC 27603
FAX: (919) 779-0763
Mail: pdhsc@pdhsc.com

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

That's it. It's not what Dave McC or I would like, being a little too stubby, but it's the same general concept.

Too good an idea to stay in just one mind (G)...

Still I like the longer bbl idea for that piece, and it's not the bbl I've ever had trouble concealing.

Also, ever note the flash with short bbls in low light. The 640 here has oneheckuva fiureball with my old duty load....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back