Why doesn't anyone make a bottom ejecting auto shotgun?

Keifer

Both Browning and Ithica make pumps that eject the shells through the bottom of the receiver. What are the mechanical difficulties with making an auto that does the same? I never thought about this before I got a leftie wife and had to worry about her smacking herself in the forehead with hot, spent cases. I prefer an auto because of DK's extreme sensitivity to recoil (preferably 20 g.)

FWIW, this leftie has never used anything but rightie shotguns, and I've never taken an empty in the head. I don't even notice them coming out. Have your wife fire a rightie and watch for yourself. Remington does make a leftie auto, but it's the "fieldmaster" - the expensive version with the engraving.

I agree with Jeff. I shoot a Browning A-5 and a Rem 870 from the left, and I never even notice the shells flying out, much less have any problem getting hit by one. (This is not the situation with all rifles -- some semiauto rifles do hit left-handed shooters with ejected cases.)

Good Evening All-

Current weekend clay/home defense shotgun is a Vang Comp-modified Remington 870 Police Magnum.

While I'm a rightie, I shoot long guns leftie for some strange reason. Anyway, my shotgun is a rightie and I don't even notice the spent casings being ejected.

The reason I selected a rightie is so that the firearm
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Retains a higher resale value.
<LI> Easier for rightie friends to handle.
</UL>
Hope this helps...
smile.gif

~ Blue Jays ~

[This message has been edited by Blue Jays (edited April 18, 2000).]

Back