why carry snubbies !?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea of a snubbie is a Colt Commander. I was talking with a dealer about the current fad of titanium snubbies of LARGE caliber. He seems to think that they are being made for people who want to carry but have no intention of firing the thing. It makes sense to me. So light that you will never know you have it.
I have a visual of having to go find that 2" 44 Mag after the first shot :).

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Glock makes two snubbies in .45 ACP. The G30 and the G36. Take your pick. ;)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

I recently got a S&W 296, an alloy L-framed titainium cylindered 44 spl. You know, it does kick, but not as bad as you'd think. I had been firing mostly 9mm lately, so the initial contrast was all the greater, but this pistol feels to me like firing a heavy 158 gr 357 mag load in a 2.5" mod 19 or 66, and I'm throwing a 200 gr JHP. I do NOT think I'd like to try a 44 mag in this type of pistol, but in 44 spl, it's a keeper. JMHO.

------------------
With my shield or on it...

Define Snubbie:
Glock makes a model 29 10mm which is stronger than a .357 magnum and as far as snubbie it has a 3 1/4 inch barrel. but if you consider that 1.25" of the barrel is chamber, then it has a 2" barrel and is considered a snubbie. so yes, i guess they do have a snubbie

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

How's this for a snubbie? A Colt Commanding Officer's Model. I purchased it at the gun store I worked at while attending college. It's a Commander frame with an Officer's ACP slide. It was an oddball gun Colt made in limited numbers. I bought it as a novelty but appreciate it more now. I can carry a full size frame with a slide short enough so that it won't print in a horizontal shoulder holster. I has a full grip so +P is no problemo. 100% reliable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back