Why are there so few H&K's in IDPA?

FirearmFan

I was thinking about joining IDPA and competing but, noticed that very few people, at least here, use an H&K. Are they bad guns for competition or just not that popular?

Thanks for any input.

P7s are fast but lack magazine capacity unless you can get your hand around a P7M13. Also expensive.
USPs and their plastic derivatives have tough triggers, said not to be very ameniable to gunsmithing.

There are some, so if you have a H&K, come on down. It can do the job if you can.

Once upon a time, P7M8s competed in SSP, and were thought to be the "gamer" set-up. When they moved them to ESP, they became less competitive because of capacity, so they were used less frequently.
Besides, they are expensive.

Probably for the same reason I heard a fairly famous instructor saying about the only DA autos he sees are in the hands of people that are issued them

Those with a choice tend towards SA and DAO...yes...both of which can be had in a HK...but it is not the "norm"

Thanks guys. I'm going to get some practice in with the p2000 and then attend a competition and give it a shot. Thanks for the responses.

Back