• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Who's in favor of a "Collector" category?

Lavan

I think it would be terrific. I shoot AND collect guns. I think we would all benefit from it.
We would see neat stuff. Who knows? That oddity at the small gun shop or pawn shop might finance the next Sig P210 or Barrett .50 cal.
We could look at strange stuff like:

http://www.tech-line.com/hockit/olgun.JPG

I think it would be educational and entertaining and bring a whole new segment of the gun fraternity into TFL.

Collectors like different stuff. Obsolete cartridges, bayonets, antiques, historical guns, etc.

AND a lot of the collector stuff is transferable with no red tape.

What do you think?

Devil's advocate.....

Non collector presently finds goodies in nearly all the forums. Rifles, handguns, shootguns etc. Mayhap in doing so, some become interested in collecting.

A collecter forum might become populated with mostly established collecters talkin amongst themselves, with a few lost souls wandering by and of course the occaisional recalcatrant ol coot that wanders through all the forums.

I would dig it but tryin to see from outside my own head. There is historical stuff that has been thrown out on the various existing boards that many might have missed if relagated to the musty cove of collectables.

Wide eyed and broad spectrum curiosity has found me more goodies and knowledge than purpose focused searching.

Sam.....everything has to be somewhere, just usually where I not lookin

Back