Who's happy with their CZ 75B? How do you carry it?

Steve Smith

I have a friend who's looking at the CZ 75B...how do you guys and girls like yours? Do you carry it much? Do you carry it cocked and locked?

I carry a 1911 almost everyday and I have no problem with cocked and locked with it...but the lack of a grip safety on the CZ troubles me.

What's the diference between the Hi-Power and the CZ-75?

Hey thats my kinda question! The whole CZ series of .380, 9x19, .40, & 45acp are great dependable shooters. They are arguably the most NIB accurate pieces out there. As far as carry goes the 75B is a tad large but before I got my slightly smaller CZ100 & 110 I carried the 75B strong side OWB in a Phobus high ride paddle or in a SOB. I had no qualms carrying cocked and locked with any SA/DA CZ they have a proven track record for safety. Matter of fact I've never even heard of a mechanical AD with a CZ. The ORIGINAL BHP was to me the second best 9x19 of the time and still is in the older original versions. I have an issue of combat handguns from 84' which the author says the 2 guns would be 1 and 2 on his list. However he said if he could only have 1 gun total it would be the CZ75. He was testing the old CZ's before they were readily available in the U.S.. The "B" models are much tighter guns now and significantly smoother. The issue of CH was june 84, the author was Norm Bailey. If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask.
...CZ...

Very much. Yes, I'm beginning to. Yes. If he buys one, and likes it, the Kadet kit for .22LR use is virtually a 'must-buy'.

I like my CZ75B very much. Its very accurate and 100% reliable. It really pushes my BHP for the top spot.

Steve,

I love my CZ. :) It very quickly became my favorite shooter after my first trip to the range with it. The suggestion for a Kadet .22LR conversion kit is a good one. I -do not- regret that decision one bit.

I do not carry my full size CZ-75B but I have been known to carry my CZ-75 Compact (I bought it for my wife but I use it more than she does:)) from time to time. I do not carry it in condition 1. I prefer condition 2 (chamber loaded, hammer at half cock) since that is how I carry my Beretta Cougar and I prefer to carry all weapons in the same condition.

I have been really impressed with the CZ line. Future plans include a PCR (for my wife so I can have the standard Compact to myself) and a CZ-97B in .45 Auto.

Joe

I almost bought a CZ75B, having admired them for a while, but when I got the chance to fire it, it just didn't feel quite right. Not really wrong, mind you, but just not quite perfect. Then, I put my hand on a Browning High Power, and it fit like a glove, like it was made for my hand. Darn BHP cost more, but I had to have it...

CZ-75 is a double action 9mm, while the Hi-Power is a single action. The Hi-Power's standard capacity is 13 rnds., while the CZ's is 15 (capacity for the Hi-Power can be increased with non-factory magazines). The CZ has the slide rails sitting inside the frame, while the Hi-Power has them outside the frame. That isn't a big difference you'll notice in firing; it's more of a structural/mechanical difference. Both allow cocked and locked carry and do not have decockers (unless you get the BD or PCR model of the CZ-75; then it has a decocker and no manual safety). Basically, if you want a single action, get a Hi-Power. If you want a double action, get a CZ. I have a Hi-Power and love it, but am considering a CZ as a next auto purchase.

I like my CZ75B Mil. VERY much! I actually bought it just to have something I could shoot cheap 9mm ammo through besides my Keltec but I`ve ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I carry it pretty often in a Rosen ARG *style* IWB holster. It carries really well. The slide is very thin and with the Hogue cocobolo grips I treated it to the grip is slimer than a Springfield 1911 with factory stocks! I would never have believed it if I hadn`t compared them side by side. I originally planned to shoot it almost 100% SA and carry it (if ever) cocked and locked. However I discovered that I shoot it exactly as well starting from DA. I have no explanation for this,the DA is pretty good but not *that* good. Since none of my other carry guns are SA I figure this is a good thing so I`m not gonna fight it. ;) Overall it would be good buy for twice the price. It`s well made, VERY accurate and feels great in the hand. IMO tell your friend to go for it. :) Marcus

I love mine. It is the best handgun in my opion. Im going to sell my Colt Combat Target.45 after thinking about how it's impossible to improve on the CZ perfection. :D

I'd carry mine but my FIST kydex IWB holster isn't here yet! I hate waiting it's been 4-5 weeks already. I also ordered some cocobolo grips from Houge like Marcus, mine are smooth. I think he posted a pic of his and thats' why I ordered some for me.

shiro

"like yours?"

Immensly

"Do you carry it cocked and locked?"

I don't carry, but if I did, I would shoot it DA first shot. Reason ? Its the best damn DA trigger pull I have ever felt and I have no trouble with transition. Don't forget, CZ 75B has a firing pin safety, and its slide safety is positive enough to warrant comfort while carrying cocked and locked. CZ has a SA only model if your real big on C&L.

"What's the diference between the Hi-Power and the CZ"

Everyone else covered this pretty well. I might add that that the CZ feels a tad bigger than the HP. Just a tad though. Size wise it will carry similar to a 1911, thicker in the grip and thinner in the slide area. Otherwise you probably wouldn't notice too much difference. However you feel most comfortable carrying your 1911 is probably as well suited to the CZ.

Correct, like the 1911, the BHP is single action only. The CZ75 is DA/SA. The CZ has a higher mag capacity. The BHP is a tad slimmer. The CZ has internal slide rails which makes the fit a bit tighter.

Lochaber

I picked up my CZ75b last saturday. I got to shoot it a couple of times this week. It is very accurate, almost as accurate as my kimber. The first thing I did was to throw the thumbrest grips in the trash,they are way to thick. I replaced them with some butler creek(uncle mike's) grips. They are rubber copies of Craig Spegel grips. I like them alot, they are real thin.With the stock grips I could barely reach the safety without adjusting my grip.Also I don't carry. I bought the cz to shoot pistol matches. Great gun for the money, very well made. I also have an arcus hi-power. They have a similar grip but the cz is definately bigger, I noticed that right away. If you get one you will be pleased.

Very happy with my CZ75B. I don't carry, but I recently got a Blade Tech holster for it so I could use it in IPSC Production Class or IDPA. Got 3 mag pouches to match, as well. The Blade Tech works great as a vertical scabbard holster.

Also, my CZ has an extra high front sight due to having Mec-Gar adjustables installed, and Blade Tech did a "custom" job for me, making sure the clearance for the sight was adequate, at no extra charge.

If I did carry, I'd probably do it with the safety off and the hammer at half-cock for a double action first shot.

AndyP

PS. I replaced the original grips with Hogue checkered Cocobola wood grips. They are a bit slimmer and make the gun look a little sharper.

Back