Whooo-Hooo! Got a Baby Vaquero!

Dakota Law Dog

Bought a Baby Vaquero yesterday, haven't got to shoot it yet though. :-(

Cute little bugger, .32 magnum, SS, 4 5/8" barrel, with the white Ruger Logo grips. Also, it's the shorter butt version they're making now.

The store where I bought it only had 2 20 round boxes of Federal 95 gr. JHPs, but in anticipation of getting a pair of these, bought 500 brass from Starline earlier this summer. hehehehhehe...

Those Vaqueritos are so cute...I might just have to make one of those my next purchase. If only .32H&R Magnum wasn't so pricey compared to the Wally World calibers...

32 H&R Magnum Price

Keep in mind, revolvers chambered for the .32 H&H Magnum cartridge also accept the .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long cartridges. I haven't priced any of the above, but it may save you a few bucks when plinking. If nothing else, it gives a nice cowboy load to those that don't roll their own.

Price of ammo should not be a major consideration, once you acquire an adaquate supply of once fired brass. You can cast almost free bullets from tire weights and really enjoy some inexpensive shooting if you so desire.

7th

Got one of those beauties about two months ago. And you're right - factory ammo ain't cheap. Bought 500 rounds of Starline brass and with a little experimenting, found a great load. Using 115 gr RNFP bullets from Tennessee Bullets and 8.0 gr of H4227, I've a pleasant, accurate load. With 7,000 grs in a pound, I get over a thousand reloads (or there about). The gun is fun to shoot and very accurate. Boy, will it anchor a cat. Just a sidenote, the gun is advertised by Ruger as a Single Six. But it still looks and feels like a baby Vaquero.

Back