Wholesale prices for H&K P7M8 and S&W 686?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dave

Howdy,

I'm trying to cover all my bases and would like to know what the whole sale prices are for the P7M8 and 686 (6", 6 shot).

Is there a place on the net to find wholesale prices?

Thanks,

Dave

Big Dave - If by wholesale you mean dealer prices, I doubt you will find it on the web. If you mean discount prices, I have not seen a P7M8, new, for sale by a dealer for less then $950 and that has been in Shotgun News. Normal retail is around $1200. I am not upto speed on the 686.

Good luck.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

Big Dave,

I paid $1,010 for my P7M8 NIB (I live in Mississippi). Subtract around 10-20% should give you an idea of dealers cost.

HTH

CDNN had P7 police turn ins with the mill mark on the right side of the slide for $699. David Avery had 4 NIB P7's for right at $800. He must have already sold them.

Thanks again Guys,

I did call David Avery. Those for $800 are gone??? His secretary (who I think asked him) said that Doc would special order one for $975.

What's up with the new ones for $800. I saw a guy who posted two on GunsAmerica for $800. They too are gone. But, I don't quite get how they are so cheap. It appears that dealers prices are around $950??

Laters,

Dave

I know that at the last SHOT show, HK was offering dealers some kind of deal on P7's. Doc Avery might have saved some money on his cost there. Also HK recently had some P7M8's on a promotional setup. I thought they were NIB, just available cheaper then normal retail. I will have to go check again on the paperwork. In any case there were only a few in the country on the promotional deal.

Good luck getting one.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

Not real familiar with the P7, but a gun shop I visited yesterday in St. Simon's Island, GA. had 2 of them, new, for $899.99. If you are interested, E-mail me for the phone #.

Depending on where you live, there may actually be a 10% margin, here in Texas it just ain't so. Go to any of the major gun shows in Texas, and you will literally see wholesale prices. If you are willing to order 3 railroad cars full of ammo or guns, sure you will get a better deal but, most dealers just don't do that sort of volume. If you do enough volume to deal direct with the factory, then you probably do get a better deal but, most reasonable size gun businesses don't do that much volume!

What does that mean? Most FFL do business through distributors for their store stock, whether ammo, pistols, etc. Now, add shipping and finance costs, federal and state mandated paperwork, ..... and a very agressive and competitive business environment. Margins are very thin for the vast majority of gun dealers, at least here in the land of the free (Texas :) ).

If you find a NIB, current generation HK P7M8 for $1,000 or less, I would buy it. Those cheaper pistols are either refinished trade ins or, some of the few promotional models left. Yes, I was offered that same promotional offer but, in reality, the deal wasn't as sweet as I'm sure some of you think.

Hope this helps.

Sid
---
Tx FFL

[This message has been edited by Sid Post (edited September 23, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back