Whoa...in Illinois?

Yeah, despite the deep blue hue of Cook and Lake Counties a large chunk of the state's population is pretty red.

Another goofy law proposal. Are we to believe the criminal element loves these light weight, easy to conceal weapons and they need to be banned.

Illinois is, unfortunately, becoming extremely anti gun. It's hard to believe the ATA just moved their large trap shooting facility to Sparta, IL with the current sentiment being driven largely by the Chicago politicians.

Absurd. The IL ban is stupid enough, but I don't see why they have to word the bill in such a way as to prevent sales of these in the 45-odd states where they're legal, in addition to banning sales of them in IL.

Guess if the can't get the Feds to ban them for the entire US they're trying to do it their own way.

Will the NRA act on this? It should be easy enough to squash and shows whether or not their stance on the 2nd Amendment is absolute.

You're NOT going to believe this! This is my stomping ground! That gun range is Oak Hill Gun Club which is literally 1 mile down the road from my house. It's just kinda neat to see my gun range and town on youtube. The bill is real folks. Similar to HR 1022. It wants to ban all semiautos and .50cal weapons. This is arguably including blackpowder rifles even.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, Cougar. Just excited for all interested members to see where I go and where I'm from....

Forgot to add...

One of the 3 major firearms manufacturers, Les Baer, has already taken the initiative to move from Hillsboro Illinios to Le Claire Iowa. Le Claire is on the east side of the Quad Cities. I'm on the west side just a stone's throw. Our area is BEGGING Armalite to move over to the Iowa side which is about 20 minutes from Geneseo. We also are trying to persuade these companies to move over to Iowa:
Springfield Armory
Rock River Arms (doubt it though, they just built a new facility)
Lewis Machine and Tool in Milan. They make AR15 components
Les Baer-Success!!!
ArmaLite.

I can't stand Illinois...

Why don't those companies try to fight this? Can anyone try fighting the antis? It gives me acid indigestion seeing them get their way as easily as they do.

Back